Laminate flooring continues to be one of the hottest flooring products available today. For customers who want a floor that is meant for active lifestyles, is easy to keep clean, and is fairly inexpensive, a laminate floor may be exactly what you are looking for.
For those of you who are wondering exactly what a laminate floor is, it is a combination of special resins (melamine), paper layers, fiber core, and a print film that are all fused together into a solid mass. Although they appear similar to a Formica countertop, they are really much more durable and scratch resistant. Due to it's components and construction, laminate flooring will not stain or fade from sunlight and the finish is extremely impact resistant. These floors have precision tongue and groove edges for locking the planks together with the new glue-less click and lock technology, making for quicker, cleaner installations. Laminate floors are always floated over a thin padding for comfort with amoisture barrier and sound reduction.
One of the most exciting aspects of laminate flooring is the range of style and design that has been achieved. In addition to wood looks, styles now available include natural, textured slates, stones and ceramic looks. Some manufacturers have successfully recreated old historical hardwood flooring such as rough sawn barn oak, American chestnut, knotty pine, and several others. Recent innovations to the wood looks include exotic and tropical species like bamboo and textured traditional and classic hardwoods now available in wider planks, some with beveled edges. Laminate flooring adds style and charm to a room with out draining your pocket book. Come in and see and feel these new innovative styles.
Our wide assortment of laminate flooring includes Armstrong, Quick Step, and Shaw. We can match any decor, from formal, to traditional, to country or contemporary. We have the floors that will bring your rooms alive! Once you have selected the floor of your choice, we also offer professional in house installation, which is backed by a full two year guarantee.
Most laminate flooring brands carry a 20 to 25 year warranty against staining, fading, and wearing through the finish to the print layer. As for all flooring, we recommend regular maintenance for years of beauty and service from your flooring investment . Here are a few tips we offer our customers on how to maintain their new laminate floor.
- "Swiffer" Regularly - small stones, mud, and gritty dirt tracked in from outside can play havoc on a laminate floor's finish, so sweep, vacuum or you may find a Swiffer style wet or dry system an easy and excellent choice for this step. To help combat wear, use long bristle welcome mats placed at all outside entrances for people to wipe their feet on before walking on laminate floors.
- Damp mop - use a terry cloth head mop or a wet swiffer to remove stubborn grit and dirty spots. Use only the manufacturer's recommended cleaning products on your laminate floor.
- Wipe Spills Immediately - When accidents happen and some liquid gets spilled on your laminate floor, you should use a slightly damp white cloth, or paper towel to immediately clean up and dry the effected area. For more difficult spots, follow the manufacturer's recommended cleaning procedures.
- Never use - polish, wax or try to sand or refinish a laminate floor. All are unnecessary and can damage your laminate floors.
- Use the Proper Chair Glides - Narrow wheels and sharp wooden, or metal furniture legs may scratch or dent your new laminate floor. Any furniture that rests directly on top of a laminate floor should have felt protectors or furniture coasters under all its feet. For extremely heavy objects such as a piano, use rubber cups. Protect your new flooring investment by using felt protectors and replace them when worn.